FAQ & Policies
HOW DO I CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE MY APPOINTMENT?
If rescheduling for a more convenient time, make another appointment with the new time and date, please send an email to email@example.com informing me of such and I will take care of the rest on my side. If cancelling altogether, just email me and I will clear the appointment off my schedule.
COVID 19 GUIDELINES
In anticipation of returning to our new, more normal life I have been working extremely hard to prepare for reopening my business. My primary concern is ensuring your safety. The following information outlines what I have done and will do to ensure a safe environment and to comply with enhanced Iowa licensing rules and regulations. Please note, these measures are needed to address the unique scenario presented by the COVID-19 pandemic and are subject to change as needed.
Infection control and hygiene:
• I have retrained myself on essential infection control and hygiene practices and I am officially Barbicide Certified.
• All surfaces and implements have been cleaned and disinfected. Towels, gowns, and capes are properly laundered and stored inside a cabinet.
• I will wear a cloth or disposable face mask and I ask you to please do the same when you enter the salon. Gloves will be used when necessary but washing of hands and hand sanitizing will be a required action to take before services are rendered.
• To allow for time in between appointments to disinfect the workstation on the day of your appointment, please wait in your car until I text you to come inside. This will avoid having multiple people in waiting areas.
• If due to Covid-19 related concerns or issues you find yourself needing to reschedule your appointment, cancellation fees will be waived. If you do develop symptoms or test positive for the Covid-19 Virus (which I certainly hope you do not!), please wait to reschedule until at least 2 weeks from the first sign of symptoms.
Social Practices and Business Environment
• I am discontinuing the practice of hand shaking and other nonessential contact.
• Nonessential business items have been temporarily disallowed/removed.
Product testers and samples will not be available.
Please do not make any payments at this moment as charges will be finalized once we have a consultation and services are rendered. I accept cash, checks and major credit cards that will be processed via Square reader. In the event of a No Show or Cancelation of service within 24 hours of appointment time you will be billed $25 for every service not performed and will have to be paid before making any other appointments.
CANCELLATION/NO SHOW AND RETAIL POLICY
I understand that life sometimes brings unexpected changes, however, in order to accommodate my clientele and provide the most accurate booking slots, there will be a $25 fee for every service scheduled if you cancel your appointment with less notice than my 24 hour cancellation policy.
RETAIL SALES ARE FINAL
I may exchange any opened and unopened items within 14 days of purchase. I will suggest an alternative product to meet your needs and the value of it will be applied toward the new product. Cash or Credit back for returned items is not an option. Retail returns cannot be used as a service credit.
This policy also applies to appliances/hot tools.
I REALLY WANT TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR SUNDAY OR MONDAY, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
I know your life can be so busy that my regular hours might not be good enough to accommodate your schedule and I totally get it.
For that reason, and that reason only, I offer Premium pricing Services available on Sundays and Mondays.
All you have to do is send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request of the desired date for your appointment and I will reply within 24 hours with the hour/time available.
In order to secure the appointment I do require a NON-REFUNDABLE $50 deposit paid via Paypal at time of request. This deposit will be applied to the final payment of services rendered. NO Cancellations allowed after appointment is secured.
-Color Root Touch Up, Haircut and Style $205
-Highlight, Haircut and Style $232
-Balayage, Haircut and Style $332
-Body Perm, Haircut and Style$187
Please know that Length and Thickness of Hair will reflect an additional $35 to cover the use of extra product.
DO YOU PERFORM ANY SERVICES OUTSIDE OF YOUR STUDIO?
No, I do not perform any chemical services outside my studio. I do however, travel for special occasion up-do style services with a $25 traveling fee to be added for every up-do performed.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE MY UPDO (PROM/BRIDAL) APPOINTMENT?
Wash and condition your hair thoroughly the day before.
Blow dry your hair with your normal use of products.
If you have unruly hair, please flat iron your hair. Otherwise your hair can be left as is.
Please do not show up with wet hair.
I provide anything you will need; from bobby pins, styling products, rubber bands and more. Hair pieces must be brought with to your appointment, in order to accommodate them to the design.
If you need to do a test-run trial for your style, another appointment must be scheduled and payment will be required on both days.
SHOULD I WASH MY HAIR BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
If you have a lot of product in your hair, please do wash it prior to your appointment. However, if it is normal daily build up, you be perfectly fine to not shampoo your hair before coming. A Detox treatment is performed before any chemical services. One thing I do ask, is that you do NOT come in with your hair wet for ANY services.